|Sour Cream Fruit Pie…maybe forget the pie crust and make it a crisp… like I do!|
|Combine sour cream, sugar, and egg|
|Add tapioca, almond extract, and vanilla|
|Add 4 C fruit and pour into pie crust or baking dish|
|In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and flour|
|Add oats, cinnamon, and salt|
|Cut in the butter|
|Spread topping on fruit mixture|
|Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour|
- 1 C sour cream (I like lowfat)
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbls tapioca
- 4 C fresh fruit — I used 2 C peaches, 2 C raspberries
- 6 Tbls butter
- ⅔ C brown sugar
- ½ C flour
- 1 C oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Make or buy a single crust.
- Lay in the bottom of a 10 inch round, extra deep pie pan or a baking dish.
- Combine in a mixing bowl first ingredients.
- Mix and place in pie crust.
- Top with crumble
- Combine brown sugar and flour, cut in butter. Add remaining ingredients.
- Spread on top of fruit mixture.
- Bake 1 hour
- (* I don’t particularly like pie crust…. I usually don’t eat it so I make this more like a crisp and forget the crust) Then only bake 45 minutes.
Little did that gal in Nebraska know her recipe would become a favorite mine! That’s the fabulous thing about recipes they get passed around and share a little cooking joy along their way!! I hope you enjoy your Sour Cream Fruit Pie : )
|Thought you’d like to see the madness going on behind those pretty pictures|