** This recipe is from the Earth Balance Cooking with Coconut recipe booklet. Replace the flour with coconut flour for a gluten-free treat!
|Combine coconut milk, spread, raw sugar, salt over medium heat til sugar is melted|
|Add shredded coconut, flour, vanilla|
|Stir until incorporated|
|Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined pan|
|Cook 12-15 minutes or until golden brown|
If you’re a fan of coconut then you’ll love these healthy Coconut Macaroons
- 1½ C light coconut milk
- ⅔ C raw cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp Earth Balance Coconut Spread
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 C shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat coconut milk, sugar, Earth Balance Coconut Spread and salt in a sauce pan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut, flour, and vanilla extract.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto the parchment paper baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.