Want to try something new this weekend? These Apple-Cranberry Crepes are a fun idea for brunch! OH, and it smells amazing while crocking away all by it’s self on the counter Apple-Cranberry Crepes are perfect for breakfast any time or even a dessert… the cranberries and apples are so festive looking, they’re fun to make this time of year! Try some Apple-Cranberry Crepes for your family brunch this weekend!!!
|Quarter apple, remove seeds|
|Combine spices, dried cranberries, and apples in Crock-pot|
|Cook on low for 2 hours, add butter|
|Combine orange juice, cornstarch, sugar, almond extract|
|Add to Crockpot, stir in, cook on high for 15 minutes to thicken|
And here’s the Crepes:
|Whip eggs and 1/4 C milk|
|Add flour and salt, mix until smooth|
|Add melted butter, mix until smooth|
|Pour 1/4C batter into a sprayed and heated pan|
|Flip over and cook|
|Place the Apple-Cranberry filling in the middle of the crepe and roll. Garnish with whip cream and cinnamon if desired|
This crepe recipe is from my kids dad… he used to make them when they were little. The recipe is from a Swedish Cookbook he had so they’re really good!!
I threw some canned whipping cream on our crepes to make them pretty! You can also serve them with a scoop of ice cream for more a dessert! Anyway you serve these Apple-Cranberry Crepes you’ll love them : )
- 2 large baking apples (gala, jonathan), washed, cored, wedged (total of 12 wedges for each apple)
- 2 large tart apples (granny smith) washed, cored, wedged
- ¼ C dried cranberries or cherries
- 3 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ C orange juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1¼ tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ C milk
- ½ C flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Combine first seven ingredients in crock-pot and toss until coated.
- Cook on low for 2 hours.
- In small bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stir into apples, turn to high, cook 15 minutes to thicken.
- Serve rolled up in crepes.
- Whip eggs and ¼ C milk, add flour and salt until smooth, add remainder of milk, mix until smooth, add butter, mix until smooth.
- Batter should be really thin.
- Cook in a hot, cooking sprayed pan.
- Pour ⅛ C batter into center of pan, circle pan to make a large, thin pancake.
- Once batter sets turn over. Should be lightly browned.
- Place filling in the middle of crepe, roll, garnish with whip cream and cinnamon.
- (For a dessert use ice cream instead)