|Gram’s Fudge with or without nuts|
|Melt butter add karo|
|and nuts. (if desired)|
|Place candy thermometer. Bring to boil and cook up to 220. Stirring continually.|
|When temp is reached, pour out onto counter.|
|Knead scraping from the outside to the middle|
|Knead for 2-3 minutes, add vanilla|
|As fudge cools, it begins to thicken|
|Add 1 Tbsp evaporated milk and really smoosh it in|
|My mom is showing me how…|
|Once it’s smooth, butter hands, divide in half|
|Place fudge on saran/foil|
|Shape into a log and cover with saran, continue shaping,|
|Roll in foil|
|Gram’s Christmas Fudge|
I made the next batch of Fudge all on my own!! Thanks to my mom for helping me with making Gramma Weza’s Fudge! AND for finally getting this chocolatey, melt in your mouth, worth the effort to make it from scratch Fudge of Gram’s just right!!
- 6 Tbsp butter
- ¼ C Karo light syrup
- 2 C sugar
- ½ C + 1 Tbsp evaporated milk, separated
- 4 Tbsp baking cocoa
- ½ C walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Make sure you have a clean counter top to work on and lay out 2 sheets of foil with 2 sheets of saran wrap layered on top.
- Have a cube of soft butter handy for handling. In a heavy bottom stock pot, melt butter, add karo.
- Add sugar, ½ C evaporated milk, baking chocolate, nuts.
- Place candy thermometer.
- Bring to boil, stir while cooks up to 220 degrees.
- Pour mixture out onto clean counter or hard surfaced slab.
- With a flat edged wooden spoon begin kneading while the fudge cools.
- Scrapping from the outside to the inside and mixing.
- Continue kneading for 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla.
- Continue in the same motion but really smoosh the fudge together in the center (much like kneading bread dough).
- Add 1 Tbsp of evaporated milk, mix in.
- Divide fudge in half, with buttered hands, transfer to foil/saran with spoon.
- Use fingers to lengthen out into a log shape, cover with saran and continue lengthening. When desired shape is achieved, roll up in foil, let cool. (See photo tutorial)