|Cherry Crumb Cake|
|Cream softened butter|
|Add sugar and beat 2-3 minutes|
|and almond, mix well.|
|Add flour 1 cup at a time and mix well until cookie dough consistency (5-6 Cups)|
|Press with fingers or pie roller 2/3rds of dough into bottom of ungreased cookie sheet|
|Leave a rim along the outer edge|
|Spread Cherry preserves|
|don’t get on outside rim or it’ll scortch|
|With remaining dough add 1 cup flour and mix until crumbly|
|Sprinkle crumbs over jam|
|Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes|
|Let cool, slice, and serve!!|
I gotta thank my cute friend, Kate, for another super yummy recipe! I’m lucky to have such awesome cooks as my friends… it’s so much fun to bounce ideas and trade recipes with all of them! I believe this recipe was Kate’s grandmothers and has been in their family for many years! I see more and more how recipes and cooking connect generations and keeps family traditions alive, you’ll be so happy with her Cherry Crumb Cake
- 1 lb unsalted butter, soft
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp almond extract
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5-6 cups flour
- 18 oz cherry preserves
- 1 C flour (for crumbs)
- Cream soft butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.Add salt and baking powder.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time unitl cookie dough consistency. (check it after 5)
- Pat ⅔ of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet (build up the edges with the dough just a little bit to keep the jam away from the sides of the pan because it sticks and can scorch.) Spread jam on dough.
- Mix 1 cup of lour with remaining crumbs til crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over jam.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cool then cut.