|Cranberry Orange Christmas Ham|
|Place ham on rack, flat side down|
|Insert cloves 2 inches apart|
|Press 2 C of the brown sugar onto the ham|
|Place oranges on ham by using toothpicks pierced through the middle|
|Place a cranberry on the end of each pick|
|Cover with roasting pan lid or foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 3 hours.|
|Ingredients for Glaze|
|In a small sauce pan melt butter|
|Add flour and mix well using a wire whisk|
|Add cranberry juice|
|Add remaining brown sugar|
|Bring to boil and cook 1 minute|
|Apply glaze with baster|
|Cook an additional hour, basting twice. Let sit 10 minutes. Serve!!|
My best friend, Carol, gave this Cranberry Orange Christmas Ham recipe to me… it’s out of her Southern Living Cookbook. She’s my little southern belle, as she was born and raised in Texas!! We’re eating this ham tomorrow night on Christmas eve with a baked potato bar and some salads! It smells amazing but I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to taste it! UNLESS, I sneak a little piece??? Ssshhh!!
- 16-18 lb fully cooked spiral ham
- 30 (approx) whole cloves
- 20 fresh cranberries or Maraschino cherries
- 2½ C brown sugar, divided
- 2-3 oranges sliced width-wise
- 1½ Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1⅓ C cranberry juice
- ½ C honey
- ¼ C apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp prepared mustard
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove ham from packaging. Set on rack in roasting pan, flat side down.
- Insert cloves approx 2 inches apart (see photo tutorial)
- Press 2 cups brown sugar, making a coating on ham.
- Place orange slices using a toothpick poked through the middle of each orange.
- Place cranberry on the end of each pick.
- Cover with roasting lid or foil and bake for 3 hours.
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour with wire whisk.
- Add cranberry juice, honey, ½ C brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, 3 Tbsp mustard. Bring to boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Using baster apply glaze and let cook an additional hour, basting twice.
- Remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve!