Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake is moist, delicious, and a lovely idea for a Valentines dinner dessert… and MAYBE there’ll be enough left over to share a little with the kids?? ; )
K… and I also LOVE that there’s not any oil in the cake! The Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake‘s glaze is another story but WOW it’s so good!! (You will be in chocolate heaven)
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake simply CAN NOT be passed up… it’s easy to throw together but tastes like you really slaved away on it!!
It’s also an awesome way to say, “I love you”!! or… for a true chocolate lover this Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake is a dream come true!!
- 1 devils food cake
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 C sugar
- ⅓ C butter
- ⅓ C whole milk
- 1 C semi- sweet chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven 350 degrees
- Spray 9×13 pan. Set aside.
- Mix cake ingredients on low for 1 minute.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back in center when lightly pressed.
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, melt butter, add sugar and milk.
- Bring to boil, boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips, stir until melted.
- Pour on cake, will firm when cools.