Apple Feta Tossed Salad is another fabulous recipe from Penzey’s Spice Co… the one I ran into in Boulder, CO : )
The fabulous-ness is all in the dressing!
It’s super good… I always love apples and feta on salads but this dressing it’s just amazing!!
*I adapted this recipe from Penzy’s Spice Co
Apple Feta Tossed Salad is an enticing blend of flavors that perfectly compliment each other!
We really liked this salad… you will too!
Whip up an Apple Feta Tossed Salad for a quick dinner or a lovely side dish tonight.
- ½ C walnut pieces
- 5 C spinach
- 5 C torn red leaf lettuce
- ½ C light feta cheese
- ½ C dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 medium apples (your fav kind! I use granny smith)
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1½ tsp Dijon style mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1/2 tsp crushed garlic)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- In large bowl, combine the salad ingredients, except for the apples.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Cover and process until well blended.
- Just prior to serving, core and chop the apples and add to the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.