Healthy Eggs is another recipe I brought home from our trip to Puerto Vallarta!! I had these totally delicious Healthy Eggs for breakfast several mornings along with an amazing variety of different blends of freshly squeezed smoothies : D
I’ve already told you all how in LOVE I fell with the food!! So, along with this delicious Healthy Eggs recipe, I also wanted to share some other cool stuff we saw on our trip and throw in a few more pic’s!!
So, our trip to Puetro Vallarta, Mexico was a TON of fun! I’m totally hoping to make it a yearly tradition… such a beautiful, relaxing, warm place to get a break from winter! Healthy Eggs are just one of the many totally fabulous meals we enjoyed while there at Casa Velas!
While we were there, we thought it’d be fun to go deep sea fishing! My first time on a small water craft on the ocean… and thus my first experience with Dramamine!! AND oh my goodness, I was so glad to have that little miracle in my system. I didn’t get sea sick but WOW! I had a hard time staying awake. Funny, actually!!
So, here are Em and I headed out to sea in the wee hours of the morning… waiting for the Dramamine to set it in!
I took this picture as we were leaving port… WAY before the sun was up!
As we were trolling around try to find some fish… we circled a little set of islands and saw lotsa of birds! I snapped this pretty picture.
Our most EXCITING find (just because not ONE fish was caught) were 3 different species of whales… it was unbelievablely cool to be that close to such huge mammals! WOW!! They were awesome : )
Drew snapped the whale pictures…
And here is a baby jumping just for us…
We walked along the boardwalk in “Old Town” and saw these incredible sand sculptures that locals build everyday…
There was also this guy balancing rocks on the beach… he either had some serious super glue or some serious talent???
AND how do you go to Mexico without enjoying a little coconut water?? I LOVE that stuff!!
Drew got this picture from the plane window as we flew home…. Farewell Puerto Vallarta until next year?!?!?
Enjoy a bit of Puerto Vallarta right in your very own kitchen with this Healthy Eggs recipe!
- 1 C mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sm zucchini, sliced
- 4-5 sprigs asparagus, cut 1 inch chunks
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ C broccoli
- ⅓ C eggs whites per omelet
- 1 C spinach, thinly sliced
- ⅛ inch slice fresh mozzarella per serving
- In a large fry pan coated with cooking spray, over medium high heat, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Cover and cook 1 minute, stir, repeat until veggies soften and start to brown (approx 3-4 minutes).
- In a small fry pan coated with cooking spray, pour ⅓ C egg whites and sprinkle 2-3 Tbsp sliced spinach on top.
- Cook 1 minute, turn over when bottom is set and has turned white, cook 1 additional minute.
- In a small sprayed fry pan over medium high heat, warm mozzarella until sizzles and slightly browns, turn over, repeat.
- Place omelet on plate, top with veggie mixture, and a slice of warm fresh mozzarella. Serve!