Chicken Taco Soup is a tasty little Slow Cooker dish that will please you on so many levels!!
It’s easy It’s got a bit of that Southwest yummy flavor and my kids gobble it right up! (which always makes me happy!!) I usually have these ingredients “on hand” so it’s a good one to fall back on when I don’t have time to run to the grocery store. You’ll LOVE it!
Chicken Taco Soup is always a big hit at our house… it’s got a bit of a kick but nothing I couldn’t handle!! I’m pretty weak sauce when it comes to super spicy foods but my husband who loves all that hotness thought it had a little bit of a kick.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 C chicken broth (or 3 c water and 3 chicken bouillon)
- 1 C diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn with juice
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with juice
- 1 package ranch dressing mix (1/4 C )
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz neufatchel cream cheese
- garnish with light sour cream and tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients, except the last two, in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add cream cheese 20 minutes before serving, remove chicken, shred with 2 forks, return to pot, stir well.
- Once cream cheese has melted and is incorporated, Serve with tortilla chips!!
- Garnish with sour cream if desired.