Summer Grilled Asparagus is wonderful anytime of year (of course!) but grilling fresh veggies just seems like summer-y thing to me…. which explains the name
The best part about Summer Grilled Asparagus is pairing them up with some steaks or chicken breasts , throwing ‘em all on the grill… and there’s NO mess in the kitchen (which is always a bonus!!) A totally fabulous dinner is served with hardly a counter top to wipe up afterwards!
Summer Grilled Asparagus is yummy in the spring when fresh asparagus is readily available and usually on sale… we have about 10 stalks that come up in our garden as we try to get a little patch of asparagus going! I remember as a little girl going with my mom to pick asparagus off the ditch banks in the town where we lived in Idaho! It seems like forever ago but it was always a fun adventure
- 2 lbs of fresh asparagus
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp onion salt
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Rinse and break asparagus ends off, layer asparagus on a plate or platter Drizzle olive oil over asparagus, sprinkle with spices.
- Spray cooking spray on grill, heat to medium high.
- Lay asparagus on a cooking sprayed, heated grill rack.
- Rotate every 2 minutes until cooked through. (approx 5-6 minutes)