Spinach and Feta Chicken I have no words… (and that’s rare)… to properly explain this mouthwatering dish!! MAYBE the picture will do a better job
NOW… you all know what I’m talkin’ bout… the Feta, Spinach, Honey Mustard drizzle just melts in your mouth!
THERE… I’ve just made you grab your car keys and dash to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for Spinach and Feta Chicken… AND it’s totally worth it!
Spinach and Feta Chicken… is a recipe I got from a friend of ours named Jasper Louw he’s been the owner of several different restaurants and pubs in Polokwane, South Africa.
He sent me this Spinach and Feta Chicken recipe to make and to put up on the blog! It ended up being a combined effort because I couldn’t find the sauce he’d wanted SO, I used a Honey Mustard sauce of mine and it turned just plain delicious!!
Thanks to Jasper for sharing this fabulous recipe!!
- 4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 C spinach leaves
- 4 T reduced fat Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp lemon pepper, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- Honey Mustard Sauce:
- ¼ C honey
- 2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place each chicken breast on a piece of foil large enough to wrap it in. Pound chicken breast with a mallet until evenly flattened.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp lemon pepper and ¼ tsp pepper on each breast. P
- lace ½ C spinach leaves on each breast, sprinkle with 1 Tbsp feta, drizzle with ½ tsp olive oil.
- Starting with the large end, roll the breast, fold foil to keep shape. Prepare sauce, combine all ingredients, mix well.
- Bake in 9×13 baking dish for 35-40 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove foil, pour sauce over chicken, bake an additional 5-10 minutes until sauce is thick and bubbly.