Texas Baked Beans belong right up there with pulled pork and bar-b-que sandwiches!!
How do ya have a proper BBQ without this famous side dish? Well… ya don’t!!
That’s why I’m fixin’ to share this family favorite Texas Baked Beans recipe (for a good 15 years) with y’all
I picked this Texas Baked Beans recipe up when I lived there quite a while ago! A family from our neighborhood had us over for dinner and served these… we left with the recipe AND they’ve been a favorite ever since!!
Unfortunately, it was so long ago that I don’t remember their names to give them proper credit
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 onions
- 3 (21oz) Pork and Beans
- 1 (15oz) lima beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) kidney beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 C ketchup
- ½ C brown sugar
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- In a large skillet, combine first 3 ingredients, cook thoroughly.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.