Poppy Seed Loaf and a Wedding
We hosted my good friend Kate’s wedding last weekend! I warned her that I’d have to blog the occasion and she was more than happy to let me
The Steve and Kate Johnson Family…
After the ceremony Kate served all kinds of really yummy sweet breads and desserts! I’m going to highlight a couple of the recipes this week starting with this amazing Poppy Seed Loaf…
This lovely lady named Kara brought the Poppy Seed Loaf and shared the recipe
When you make this Poppy Seed Loaf you’ll see why it’s perfect for a wedding, it’s melt-in-your-mouth-wonderful! I think making it into small loaves would be such a fun little gift to give friends or co-workers!!
Kate is one of my friends from bowling AND I’m so glad that I was able to meet these ladies… they’re amazing~ each in their own way! Even though life gets crazy sometimes, we’re always there for each other and knowing that somehow makes it all a little easier
Steve and Kate’s cute girls…
I LOVED Kate’s bouquet…
Here’s a picture of the back yard in all it’s wedding glory!!
I was the photographer for this wonderful event… ALL the more pictures to play with for my posts, right?! And just in case you were wondering, there will be more delicious recipes coming this week…
- 1 box yellow or lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (4oz) vanilla pudding
- 1 C sour cream
- ½ C water
- ½ C oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cooking spray and flour 2 large bread pans or 4 small pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, mix until incorporated. Divide batter between bread pans.
- Bake large loaves 45 minutes, small 18 minutes or until center springs back with a light touch.
- Cool 10 minutes on rack, turn out to finish cooling.