Summer Soiree Grilled Banana Splits
AND last but not least, dessert! The perfect ending to a fabulous evening… Grilled Banana Splits
- 4 bananas with peel
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 C mini marshmallows
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Caramel ice cream topping
- 4 – 12 inch sheets foil
- Preheat grill to high.
- Cut off stem and end of banana, cut both peel and banana length wise on the inside curve- making sure not to cut completely through the back. Open and lay on a sheet of foil.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips down the center of banana, followed by marshmallows.
- Wrap in foil and roll edges to secure.
- Place on grill, cook 3 minutes per side or until chocolate is melted, marshmallows are soft, and banana is warmed through.
- Open foil, remove banana peel, transfer to serving dish.
- Top with ice cream and caramel sauce.
* This can be a build-your-own dessert where each guest makes their own or it can easily be made beforehand and then it’s all ready to grill!
I tried to keep our Summer Soiree simple and inexpensive… it doesn’t have to cost a lot to enjoy a relaxing evening! I bought all of my tableware and decor (minus the silverware and tablecloth, which I already had) at the local dollar store for approximately $15.00!! SO, get creative and have fun- even on a small budget!!
A Summer Soiree is a wonderful way to connect with friends or family and enjoy a summer’s evening in the yard!
So many thanks to Jen for having me guest post at Tatertots & Jello! I’m so glad I was able to meet Jen at Snap! 2012 blogger convention !! Jen is one of the sweetest bloggers I’ve met so far… she’s just awesome
** I had a lot of fun putting this Summer Soiree together and I hope you’ll enjoy all these amazing recipes! They are all just SO delicious