A Cherry Trio Fresh Cherry Tart
This Fresh Cherry Tart is so simple to make!! It looks just beautiful too… AND it’s pretty healthy to boot
- ¾ C all-purpose flour
- ¼ C whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 8 Tbsp cold butter, chopped
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 Tbsp cold water
- 2 C cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 8 oz greek honey flavored yogurt
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Place cookie sheet on center rack.
- Put flours, sugar, and salt in a mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add butter, mix until broken into pea-sized pieces.
- Add almond butter and mix 1 minute more.
- On low speed add egg yolk, drizzle 1 Tbsp of water at a time, just until dough comes together.
- Remove dough onto a sheet of waxed paper, add another piece of wax paper on top and roll out into a 9″ circle.
- Remove top sheet and turn dough out into 9″ tart pan with removable rim.
- Using the heel of hand, press into pan.
- Line dough with foil, fill with pie weights or beans, set on cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, remove cookie sheet.
- Remove foil with pie weights inside, return to oven, cook additional 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool. (Keep tart pan on cookie sheet because it easily separates)
- Just before serving, in a small sauce pan over medium low heat, combine cherries, syrup, and lime juice- simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread yogurt in the bottom of crust, top with cherries, remove tart pan rim, and Serve!
All three of these Cherry Trio recipes are just delicious!! You’ll LOVE them as much as I do
AND did you know the health benefits of all these yummy cherries? They’re packed with antioxidants, beta-carotene, vitamins C & E, potassium, magnesium, iron, folate, and fiber. Cherries are referred to as “brain food”, aiding in brain health and in the prevention of memory loss. Because cherries contain anthocyanins, they can reduce inflammation and symptoms of arthritis and gout. Eating cherries reduces the risk of diabetes. Cherries are a good source of fiber- which is important for digestive health.
This Fresh Cherry Tart is the end of our Cherry Trio… all 3 recipes are absolutely divine!! You’ll love everyone of them
AND be sure to check out WCw/R’s guest post tomorrow on Remodelaholic it’s super awesome to be featured over there!!