Crispy Ice Cream Bars are just delightful for a hot summers day!!
A couple of weeks ago I was featured on Mom it Forward!! AND I wanted to be sure and share this super yummy summer treat with all of you, too!!
My kids sure enjoy a cold sweet treat when it’s scorching hot outside and Crispy Ice Cream Bars just totally hits the spot! The hardest part is waiting for these yummy little treats to freeze!! You’ll LOVE them as much as our family does
- 4 C crisp rice cereal
- 1 C special K with strawberries
- 1 C sweetened coconut
- ¼ C butter
- ¾ C brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ C light corn syrup
- ½ gal slow churned ice cream, any fruit flavor
- Line 9×13 pan with parchment paper, leaving enough overlap on 2 sides. In a large mixing bowl pour crisp rice cereal.
- In blender combine special k cereal and coconut, pulse until small pieces, add to bowl, stir and set aside.
- In small sauce pan, combine butter, sugar, salt, and corn syrup.
- Bring to boil and boil 2 minutes, stirring continuously, pour into bowl, toss to coat.
- Press ¾ mixture into pan and freeze until cold, approx 10 minutes. Remove ice cream from freezer to soften.
- Stir remaining mixture in bowl, while cooling, and break into smaller pieces.
- When base layer is cold, gently spread softened ice cream evenly over base, then top with remaining mixture from mixing bowl.
- Gently press the topping into the ice cream layer.
- Freeze until firm, approx 1 hour.
- Lift from pan with parchment paper overhang and cut with knife.
- Makes 24 bars.
You may also enjoy these other fun summertime treats:
I hope you enjoy these summer time treats…