I whipped this up the other day with all kinds of vegetables from our garden! It turned out SO deliciously well that I’m sharing it with all of you too
- Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used 4 tsp Gourmet Garden)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 C tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 3 C fresh basil, thinly sliced
- ½ C fresh Italian parsley, thinly sliced
- ¼ C fresh thyme, chopped
- 1½ C sliced zucchini squash
- 1½ C sliced yellow squash
- 1½ C egg plant, sliced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- 3 C shredded mozzarella
- 1½ C lowfat ricotta cheese
- ½ C fresh grated parmesan
- 1 (12oz) whole grain lasagna noodles
- In a large stock pot over medium heat olive oil, add onion and garlic.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes until slightly soften and lightly browned.
- Add fresh herbs, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add peppers, zucchini, egg plant, and yellow squash.
- Cover and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a very large casserole dish 10×15 (or 2 smaller ones) layer dry noodles on the bottom, then vegetable sauce, then sprinkle on ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses.
- Repeat for a total of 3 layers.
- Cover with a tin foil tent, bake 45-60 minutes until fork inserts easily.
- Remove foil and brown the top under the broiler if desired!
Vegetable Lasagna is just cheesy-yummy-good!
It even had some of our egg plant hidden in it that I shared with you on our garden tour How our garden grows post from last week AND no one even knew it was there
(That makes for one happy momma!)
I hope you all have a wonderful evening and thanks so much for keeping up with my blog!!