Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Our zucchini plants are probably going just as crazy as all of yours! It’s a little hard to spread all that zucchini around, right? Here’s a fabulous Chocolate Zucchini Brownies to try
Of course, I had to skinny it up but a bit from the original recipe that I found along time ago off the back of a container of Nestle baking cocoa! BUT, you won’t miss one little calorie because these bars are amazing…
- 2 eggs
- ¼ C canola oil
- ¼ C applesauce
- 1½ C sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- ½ C unsweetened cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 C shredded zucchini
- Chocolate Frosting:
- ¼ C butter, browned
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3 C powdered sugar
- ½ C lowfat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray with cooking spray and flour a 9×13 baking pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and mix well.
- Add flour mixture ½ C at a time to egg mixture, mix well, repeating until completely incorporated.
- Add zucchini, mix, pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool about 15-20 minutes then pour on frosting, spread, and cool completely.
- Cut into 20-24 bars and enjoy!
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat, brown butter until it is slightly browned and aromatic.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cocoa, mix well with a small wire whisk.
- Add 1 C powdered sugar at a time, add milk and vanilla, continue whisking until smooth.
- Pour over brownies as directed.
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies are moist and delicious AND an awesome way to use up some of those extra zucchini too!!