Caramel Pecan French Toast
A couple of weeks ago we went for a long weekend get-away to Park City, Utah with my family! We rented a large condo which are an awesome price this time of year because it is considered their “off season”. It was comfy enough for all 17 of us and we had a wonderful time celebrating my parents 60th birthdays! (Their birthday’s are 1 day apart!!) Our family was assigned to make breakfast for one morning… AND lucky for me, I found this recipe just in time to try it out on my family!
Everyone loved it!! It’s delicious and decadent and kind of special occasion treat! (wait til you see the ingredients!) BUT, a lovely brunch for any special occasion!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ¼ C chopped pecans, optional
- French Toast:
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 (3/4-inch-thick) diagonal cut slices French bread
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In quart saucepan, mix topping ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. DO NOT BOIL. Spread topping in baking dish.
- In shallow bowl, beat eggs with fork. Beat in milk, vanilla and salt. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, making sure all egg mixture is absorbed; arrange over topping in dish. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 400°F. Uncover baking dish; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and toast is golden brown. Remove from oven; let stand 3 minutes.
- Place large heatproof serving platter upside down over baking dish; turn platter and baking dish over. Remove baking dish, scraping any extra caramel topping onto toast. Serve immediately.
* I slightly adapted this recipe from Six Sister’s Stuff.com
Here are some fun photo’s from our family-birthday-reunion-party!!
Caramel Pecan French Toast is a delicious way to celebrate a special occasion or just have a lovely weekend brunch! I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!!