Earthquake Cake is the cake we enjoyed for our Labor Day BBQ!
Carol, my awesome friend, made this yummy spin off a German Chocolate Cake Mix for us to enjoy… and now I’m sharing it for all of you to enjoy too!! You’ll just LOVE it!
- Earthquake Cake
- 1 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1⅓ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pan with cooking spray, scatter coconut and nuts on the bottom of your cake pan.
- Mix cake mix, water, oil, and eggs.
- Beat 1 minute.
- Pour in pan over coconut and nuts.
- Melt butter and combine with cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Place 12 dollops of cream cheese mixture on top of cake.
- Swirl with knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Earthquake Cake has a cool name and if there’s ever a real earthquake around here- I hope I get to eat this cake the whole time
AND if you missed the chance to enter the Gourmet Garden give-a-way on yesterday’s post just pop on over there and leave a comment… the prize is awesome! You’ll get one of these Gourmet Garden gifts shipped right to your door: