Drew’s Spicy Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small egg plant, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 package Italian sausage
- 1 cherry bomb or jalapeno pepper, minced (seeded if you like less heat)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasonings
- 1 tsp Truvia
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz whole grain spaghetti or linguine noodles, prepared according to package
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, heat oil, add onion and garlic.
- Cook 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add sausage and peppers , cook until sausage is browned.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, egg plant, Italian seasoning.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper, truvia before serving.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
My husband, Drew, put this sauce together a couple of weeks ago when I was out of town. He likes recipes with a little more heat in them but, when I got back home and tasted his spaghetti sauce – I totally wanted to blog it! It was really good Drew’s Spicy Spaghetti Sauce has just a little bit of kick to it, I’m not really into super spicy foods and this recipe was just about right for me.
I hope you enjoy Drew’s Spicy Spaghetti Sauce… he can be quite the little chef when he puts his mind to it! This recipe used a lot of produce right from our garden so, it’s super healthy and it tastes wonderful too! Thanks to Drew for sharing this recipe with us today