Debbie’s Peanut Butter Cookies
Debbie’s Peanut Butter Cookies are flaky AND peanut-buttery AND everything you’d ever hoped a Peanut Butter Cookie would be! My daughter, Madi, came running home from our friend Debbie’s house about 4 years ago with the recipe to these delicious cookies in tow. Debbie had just pulled a pan of them out of the oven… and my Madi fell in love with them! I think it’s the only cookie she would make for at least a year!
After yesterday post on Cholesterol Awareness, I hesitate to share this full loaded cookie recipe BUT, there really is no way to skinny it down… without loosing the flaky-peanutbuttery-yumminess! SO, bake this recipe with caution
- ½ C butter flavored shortening
- ½ C all-natural creamy peanut butter
- ½ C brown sugar
- ½ C white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¼ C flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream peanut butter and shortening in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugars and mix 1 minute.
- Add egg, mix until incorporated.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto spray cookie sheet and press down with a fork twice; one press crossing over the other- to make the checker board appearance.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned, cool on rack.
Debbie’s Peanut Butter Cookies will totally steal your heart!! You will love them as much as we do. Special thanks to Debbie for sharing/addicting our family to these cookies
Here are some other recipes that you may also enjoy: