Skinny Pumpkin Bars
- 3⅓ C flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 C sugar
- ¾ C brown sugar
- ⅓ C butter, softened
- ⅓ C applesauce
- 2 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1 (15oz) can mashed pumpkin
- ⅓ C water
- ¾ C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together, add applesauce, mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- Then add egg whites, mix in.
- Add pumpkin and mix.
- Alternate dry ingredients with water.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into cookie sheet.
- Bake 27-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
* I skinnied this recipe down from Chef in Training.com
Skinny Pumpkin Bars… are just going to please you in so many ways! You’ll be so happy you gave them a try and you’ll have enough to share with your favorite neighbors too
Happy Fall to all of you and thanks so much for reading my blog. I’ve been thinking lately that it would be a lot of fun to try some of YOUR family favorite recipes…
I’ll make and blog and credit them to you and be sure to tell me a little bit about the history behind the recipe and why it’s a family fave! If you’d like to share any recipes, just email me at… email@example.com. Wouldn’t it be a lot of fun to ‘share a little cooking love’