Pepper Steak with Rice
Pepper Steak with Rice is a recipe that was sent to me by a reader AND let me tell you… it’s super delicious!
- 1½ lb top round beef or sirloin steak
- 3 C water
- 1 medium onion, cut into ¼ inch slices
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into ¾ inch strips
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths or 2 C cherry tomatoes
- 6 servings brown rice, prepared according to package directions
- cooking spray
- Trim fat from meat, cut meat into strips 2 x ¼ inch.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray, cook meat, turning frequently, until brown- about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water, onion, garlic salt, and ginger.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add green pepper strips and simmer 5 minutes more.
- In a small mixing bowl blend corn starch, sugar, and soy sauce; stir into meat mixture when simmering is complete.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Place tomatoes on meat mixture.
- Cook over low heat just until tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve over brown rice.
Pepper Steak with Rice is a family favorite of Jacquie’s… when she was growing up, her mom would make this dish every summer when the tomatoes and peppers were ripe in their garden. It’s still her brother’s favorite meal SO much so that he still requests it every year for his birthday!!
Pepper Steak with Rice is a family favorite of one of my readers, do you have family favorites? I would love to have you share them… just email me your recipe along with a little blip on why this recipe’s a family favorite. I’ll make it and blog it and be sure to give you credit.
I hope your all having a wonderful Thursday and thank you SO much for reading my blog