Disney’s Caramel-Apple Pie
We are a Disneyland family… all of us! We LOVE Disneyland and about a year ago we talked most all of the rest of my family into a fun weekend trip to Disneyland together!
It’s hard to get so many people in a picture at one time- especially at Disneyland! The photo above has everyone that went along but my sister, Camey (we couldn’t find her at that second).
You can’t miss the World of Color show at California Adventures… it’s amazing! Totally worth the wait (even at this time of year when the evenings get a little chilly).
If you’ve never been to Disneyland in the Fall, you’re in for a big treat! It completely transforms into a magical autumn inspired Kingdom!
You may have noticed all the pins around our necks, it’s one of our favorite parts of Disneyland- Pin Trading!
AND now to introduce you to the star of our show… the littlest one in our family! Miss Tessa…
She stole everyone’s heart that met her, she got to wear her princess dresses all day long, and she’s the center of all of our attention AND rightly so
AND here are some photo’s of us waiting in lines for rides, which there’s not much waiting in line in the fall when everyone is in school
Madi and Kate loving the chunky Pooh and Piglet (which ended up being a Christmas surprise)
This time of year you might be lucky enough to see Jack Skeleton out and about… he doesn’t make an appearance very often so we were really excited to snap this picture! Jake’s favorite character…
Our kids love the Mickey Suckers and so they had to share this tradition with their cousins…
My bro-in-law, Travis, is a pretty humorous guy and while we were in Disneyland it was his mom’s birthday SO, he snapped a picture with every character we saw holding this sign and then posted them on Facebook all day long… awesome idea, huh
AND here’s a picture of all our little cousin bugs…inside, waiting for “It’s Tough To Be A Bug” to begin!
You can probably tell that we had a wonderful trip… the weather was perfect, the crowds weren’t bad at all, and we made a lot of fun memories with my family.
AND now back to our easy and delicious Apple Pie…
- ½ C flour
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2¼ lbs granny smith apples (approx 4); peeled, cored, sliced in ½ inch thick slices
- ½ C sugar
- ⅛ C flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ C bottled caramel topping
- 1 C flour
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 Tbsp butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- Crust: Preheat oven 350 degrees, Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine flour and cookie dough, mix on medium-low until combined. Press sugar cookie dough onto sides and bottom of pan, creating a ¼ thick crust.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and toss with apple slices. Place in pan, pour caramel topping evenly over apples. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, remove foil, add topping and cook additional 20-25 minutes (uncovered) or until lightly browned crust and topping.
- Topping: In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugars, and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or a hand mixer on low, add vanilla, mix. When foil is removed add topping as instructed above.
- Cool on rack. Remove sides when ready to serve. Drizzle additional caramel sauce over each slice when served.
* I slightly adapted this recipe from Delicious Disney Cookbook
Disney’s Caramel-Apple Pie is just wonderful this time of year! It smells amazing while it cooks, our whole family loved it, and it’s so simple to prepare! Enjoy
If you want to read about our families favorite tips and tricks around Disneyland check out this post- Disney’s Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake … that cake is just plain fabulous! It’s a little more work but oh WOW! It’s super good.
If you want to see all the Disneyland Tree’s and how to make Rice Krispie Treat Mickey’s look here – Mickey Christmas Treats
If your headed to Disneyland this fall, your in for an awesome Autumn surprise…