Breast Cancer Awareness Cupcakes
My Gram (who was the inspiration for my blog) was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and lived with it for 10 years. Eventually though her life was taken at much too young of an age from it. My daughter, Madi, made the ceramic Breast Cancer Ribbon box (that’s in the photo above) for me. I hope that I’m setting a good example for my girls of the seriousness of Breast Cancer and how important it is to stay on top of your breast health.
At the beginning of the month I wrote a post about Breast Cancer Awareness please make sure and check it out. I hope it might help motivate all of you to stay on top of your Breast Health and yearly exams too!!
I’m thinking you ought to make these yummy cupcakes AFTER you complete your yearly exam!! Nothing like a little incentive to motivate a person, right?!
- 3 C flour, sifted
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 C sugar
- 1 (3oz) packet strawberry jello
- ¼ C butter, softened
- ½ C non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 4 eggs, at room temperature (or 2 whole egg and 4 egg whites for lower fat/cholesterol)
- 1 C low-fat milk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C butter, softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Frosting: In a mixing bowl cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar 1 C at a time mixing with each addition. Add just enough milk to smooth it out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with 24 papers.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, gelatin, butter, and greek yogurt.
- Cream on medium high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating for 1 minute.
- Mix the vanilla and the milk together.
- Alternate 1 C dry ingredients with ½ the milk and repeat mixing with each addition.
- Fill the muffin papers ⅔rds the way full.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Allow to cool on a rack.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar 1 C at a time mixing with each addition.
- Add just enough milk to smooth it out.
Breast Cancer Awareness Cupcakes… are very moist and strawberry-licious with all that jello in there!! They turn out the perfect shade of pink too
Happy Thursday and Happy Cooking too!