Crock-pot Cranberry Orange Bread
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- ¼ C milled flax seed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ C sugar
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp orange zest (2 oranges)
- ¾ C orange juice (approx 1½ oranges)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C chopped apple (I used yellow delicious)
- 1 C chopped fresh cranberries
- Spray with cooking spray 8×4 loaf pan (or whatever similar size will fit in your crock-pot).
- In a mixing bowl combine flours, flax seed, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar; mix until combined.
- In another large mixing bowl combine oil, yogurt, vanilla, egg, orange zest, orange juice; mix well. Add dry to wet ingredients 1C at a time and mix just until moistened.
- Add chopped apples and cranberries; mix just until combined.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Place in crock-pot, pour boiling water around baking dish and 1 inch up the sides of dish.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
Crock-pot Cranberry Orange Bread… would be totally fabulous as a side to any dinner or delicious idea for a brunch too. This is a very favorite of our family and I hope you all love it too!
I’m excited to have our family and friends over for Thanksgiving Dinner in a couple of days! What a wonderful time of year… I LOVE the holidays!