Grandma Linda’s Rolls
Grandma Linda’s Rolls are my kids most treasured roll recipe to ever exist! Seriously. They believe no Holiday dinner is complete without these rolls… AND for a very good reason! Their Grandma’s rolls are light and fluffy and SO worth the effort of making them
Now… one thing to keep in mind about Grandma Linda is that she’s the amazing mom of 11 children SO, her recipes are often large enough to feed a big family. We make this recipe the way it is and like having rolls for leftover turkey or ham sandwiches! It could easily be cut in half for a smaller batch!
- 5 C warm water
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 Tbsp instant yeast
- 4 eggs
- ¼ C powdered milk
- 14-16 C flour
- ½ C melted butter
- Measure 1 C warm water, sprinkle yeast on top, sprinkle 3 Tbsp of sugar on top of yeast.
- Set aside until it gets foamy (approx 5 minutes).
- Add remaining water, sugar into a bosch or kitchen aid with a bread dough hook. Add oil, salt, eggs, powdered milk; mix on low.
- Add flour 1 C at a time up to 7 cups, add yeast mixture, mix.
- Add remaining flour one cup at a time up to 14 cups.
- Cover with lid and mix on high for 10 minutes.
- At this point you’re looking for a soft dough that is slightly starts to pull away from the edges of the bowl. ( I usually use 15 C flour.)
- Remove beater, cover with a warm wet towel and let rise until double in size. (approx 30 minutes)
- Punch down dough, lightly flour counter top, roll out half the dough at a time to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut using a biscuit cutter or the open end of a drinking glass dipped in flour with each cut.
- Dip fingers in melted butter, wipe butter on inside of the roll, slightly pull the circle to oblong, and fold in half.
- Set on buttered cookie sheet, pressing finger in the center of the outer edge to keep from popping open.
- Cover with warm, wet towel, allow to rise double in size. (approx 30 mins)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees, bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Grandma Linda’s Rolls are a must have around our house at the Holidays! A special Thanks to her for letting me share these delicious rolls. I actually learned a lot of my Holiday Baking skills from her so I’ll be sharing some more her yumminess with all of you
These rolls go terrifically with the Pumpkin Lime and Cranberry Orange Butters !
Oh, AND I hope you were able to enter the giveaway going on right now for doTERRA essential oils~ I love these oils and you all get a chance to win some