Blueberry Banana Oat Bread is a healthy breakfast or snack! Mmmm, hmmmm… it’s SO delicious
Plus, I LOVE that there’s no oil in this recipe! The banana’s and applesauce are all the moisture this yummy little loaf needs…
- 1 C whole oats
- 1 C whole wheat flour, 2 Tbsp reserved
- ½ C all purpose flour
- ⅔ C brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ C applesauce
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- ½ C pecans, chopped
- ¼ C oats
- ¼ C brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flours, sugar, baking soda, salt; mix.
- In a separate bowl; combine eggs, applesauce, and bananas; mix well.
- Toss blueberries with 2 Tbsp reserved flour to lightly coat.
- Make a well the in dry ingredients, pour in wet, and mix just until combined.
- Add nuts and stir.
- Add blueberries and gently mix in.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine topping and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, checking for inserted toothpick to remove clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes, turn out on rack to finish cooling
Did you know that lightly dusting the blueberries with flour will help keep them suspended in the batter and not sink to the bottom of the bread? It works fabulously…
I hope your Thursday is really great AND Happy 1st day of August!!