I think my middle name should be pumpkin this time of year!
I’m loving all things pumpkin flavored and so brace yourselves for all kinds of yummy pumpkinie-delights coming your way soon
- 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites
- 1½ C sugar
- 1 (14oz) pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ C butter, melted
- 1½ tsp pumpkin spice
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1¾ C all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 2 doughnut pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy (approx 3-4 min)
- Add pumpkin puree and butter; mix.
- Add spices, salt, and baking powder; mix until incorporated.
- Add 1 C flour; mix in, add remaining flour; mix just until incorporated.
- Fill a gallon zip top bag with batter, snip ¼ inch off the end of one corner, fill each doughnut tin ¾ way full. (I circled the dough around twice in each mold)
- Bake 15 minutes or until springs back with light touch.
- Meanwhile place remaining cinnamon and sugar in small zip top baggie; set aside.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes, remove from pan, one at a time place doughnuts into cinn/sugar mixture and gently turn to coat, remove to cooling rack to complete cooling.
- Repeat with additional doughnuts.
*this recipe was skinnied and adapted from King Arthur Flour
** if you don’t have a doughnut pan, a muffin tin works too
Skinny Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts will blow your pumpkin-loving-mind! They’re fabulous. Really.
There’s no way you can eat just one… at least none of us could manage to do it
Did you hear that I’ll be cooking at the Utah Home Show this weekend?
I’d love to meet you after my demonstration! Come say hi at the Utah Home Show on the Kitchen Stage…
Sunday October 13, 2013 at 2pm
Check it out…
iTunes for the iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/whats-cooking-ruthie-family/id693265329?ls=1
Have a super great Tuesday! I’m excited to have to a short week at school… YAY for fall break