Carmel Apple Dessert...
Recipe type: Dessert
- 60 Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
- 2½ Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 oz fat free cream cheese
- 1 (8oz) neufatchel cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ C sugar
- 3¼ C lowfat milk, divided
- 1 (8oz) tub light cool whip
- 2 (3.4oz) packages vanilla pudding
- ½ C caramel topping, divided
- 1 red apple, seeded and diced
- 1 green apple, seeded and diced
- ¼ C sliced almonds
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl combine butter and fat free cream cheese, microwave 30 seconds or until butter is melted and cream cheese is soft.
- Add crushed nilla wafers, mix well.
- Press into 9x13 pan.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine neufatchel cream cheese, sugar, and ¼ C milk until smooth.
- Add in 1 C cool whip, mix, and spread evenly over crust.
- In large mixing bowl combine puddings, remaining milk, ¼ C caramel topping and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Pour evenly over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Just before serving top with remaining cool whip, sprinkle on diced apples and almonds, drizzle with caramel topping.
Recipe by Whats Cooking With Ruthie at http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com/2012/11/15/carmel-apple-dessert/